Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Happy May!!!!!!

I was wrong, I did not wake up & smell the proverbial coffee, I WAS COMATOSE!!!!! What took me so long, 7 years in fact to wake up from a long term sleep and realize I should've become proactive back then?! I guess they say better late than never and fortunately I still am young enough to make things right and live a happy & fulfilling life. Since a year ago today, I self reflected on how much has changed in my life. If I didn't shake things up a bit & change my life to my benefit I would still be in the same hole I dug myself in for so long.... I went through a lot of struggles, stress, aggravation and felt like I couldn't breathe in order to get to the point of where I am today. I knew that it was inevitable that everything would change around me anyway and if I didn't become the driving force in orchestrating the changes then life would change for me, hence my previous blog entry titled, "Uncomfortable Comfort Zones." If you ask me if it was worth going through such turmoil to get to a healthier new chapter of my life, the answer without thinking is "YES!" Don't get me wrong, I still have not made it to where I wish I would be today but I am sure happy with the progress I have made so far and know that it is a much better step than before.  I deserve to be happy just like the next girl and I want the piece of the pie too. 
"I am not where I want to be but thank G-d I am not where I used to be."
I am a firm believer that when a door slams shut in your face keep it shut! There are so many new doors to open! So open a new door!!!


I know everyday is Mother's Day, but this past one made me appreciate what I have in my life that I should always cherish and appreciate. I feel very different this holiday when I reunited with my mother to celebrate her holiday and I felt much better about myself and the relationship I have with her. I always say that she drives me crazier than I already am but at the same time I could not imagine my life without her. As the old saying goes: "Can't live with her or without her." 

No comments:

Post a Comment