Saturday, September 2, 2017

Lady Luck Part II

I was surfing the internet and reading articles on various subjects when I came across this specific article that defines luck. Check it out here:  What Luck Really Means. This prompted me to remember the previous blog entry I had written called "Lady Luck." I had to write a Part II of this topic because after reading this article and others that were written in a smiliar fashion I realized there was more to what luck means than just hard work. To add to that definition Oprah Winfrey phrases it beautifully by saying, "luck is preparation meeting the moment of opportunity." You could watch the YouTube video where she goes into great detail about finding your purpose and being prepared for what is to come: Oprah Winfrey Informative Video. She is saying there is no luck without you being prepared to handle that moment of opportunity a.k.a. you will receive "luck" once all your hard work pays off and you are ready for your time to shine!!! I found it very interesting that she stated this as a fact and not as a belief/open ended definition kind of word like how most people feel about this subject. After reading articles from various writers who went into detail about luck and backing it up with studies showing that luck is really a myth I found it to be a "ahha" moment when Oprah Winfrey said definitively that there is no luck!!! Also, I know speaking from a personal standpoint people have had conversations with me asking me do I believe in luck. Most people put this into the same category of fate, destiny, God, things happening for a reason and other similar topics where we really DO NOT have the answers, we just have our faith and beliefs. 

I translate that into my own life by understanding the experience (s) I am going through now (and have gone through).  Everything I am learning is preparing me for what is to come and what I have asked for. I think that applies to everyone, that is the reason why we go through these phases in our life where we learn what to do and not what to do and what lessons and experiences we could take with us to prepare for greatness. So after we are well equipped to handle the next big step, that is where "luck" arrives and our golden opportunity is presented to each and everyone of us.  I believe life is one big classroom and our bosses and people we work with are our teachers.  Speaking from someone who completed two degrees and 7 years of school I must say I have learned so much more in the work force and being a young and independent professional than I ever did when I went to college and graduate school. 


No comments:

Post a Comment