Thursday, October 13, 2016

Unchanged change


I remember seeing this film when I was a teenager in the movies.  The quote when Gwyneth Paltrow says"we are who we are, people don't change" always resonated with me all these years later even though I never cared for this film. I strongly believe that a person's true nature and character is innate and cannot be changed. People may grow up and mature and realize looking back that they needed to change their ways, but I strongly disagree that a whole person's being could truly change.  I even notice it with myself.  I have been very attuned with how I treat other people, react and feel in certain situations and in general, and I know I have not changed either.  In retrospect, I know I have grown up immensely and matured since, but who I am as a human being is exactly the same.   Everyone's journey is different as far as growth goes.   
Even after reuniting and/or speaking with friends from my past I always find it amazing how they're personality is exactly the same! It's almost as if we were frozen in time and it was just yesterday when I met them! 





No comments:

Post a Comment