Thursday, November 24, 2016

I woke up & smelled the proverbial coffee!!!!

In case you can't get a sense from what you have read so far since the inception of my blog, I am a very big coffee connoisseur, addict, enthusiast, coffee snob and any other synonym you can think of that describes an obsession for coffee! I must give credit, and even some blame for my mother being the catalyst of this?!?! Nah, I think there are worse addictions out there! Speaking of which, on a similar topic that subsequently follows what I previously wrote about controversial studies that are conducted and even taken back time & time again......Coffee has been praised for health benefits then disproved like a pendulum over & over that NOW "the word on the street" is that it is now encouraged AGAIN for its health benefits! Here is something new to add to it- according to studies it has also been "proven" to help burn up your metabolism more when you combine it with exercise. Let's see how long this overrated, ever changing verdict of coffee will last! I wanted to bring to light the topic of coffee literally & figuratively because I have been told so many time that coffee is so bad for you.....Even if the latest study is not true about it having health benefits & promoting weight loss combined with exercise, I find it hard to believe it so detrimental to your health if you lay off drinking it with sugar and putting a lot of milk/cream in it. As for people saying the "culprit" is the caffeine, well then I guess everyone has a caffeine addiction starting as a young child considering chocolate & soda also have caffeine in it! Please read the latest article on the benefits of coffee here: http://nypost.com/2016/08/14/a-cup-of-coffee-a-day-keeps-the-heart-doctor-away-study/?utm_content=bufferb4e61&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin.com&utm_campaign=buffer I would love to know what you think. I know the New York Post isn't the most reliable source to go to, but this is one of many articles written about this that the NY Post is basically reiterating.  
 Anyway, I am sailing away from my point of this entry: I have literally & figuratively woke up & smelled and even (tasted) the coffee! I have been a sleep all of these past SIX years! I think I was in a coma and finally just came out of it! Somewhere after graduating with my M.S. in education until a year ago I realized what the f**k have I been doing with my life??!!! I am finally awake and alert and I am trying to create a whole new chapter of my life and remembering why I worked so arduously & assiduously on both of my degrees! It was not meant to work in a very unhealthy, toxic, dead end environment...for the past 6.5 years since I graduated with my M.S in education. All details and circumstances will remain anonymous.   

                           Life without coffee, is no life at all!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment