Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Reflection of a Teacher

I have had the pleasure today of teaching grades 2nd through 4th on a lesson based on earth science.  This allowed me to incorporate my ELA skills and science all in one.  I went to different classrooms through out the day and the teacher left me instructions to read them a chapter in their science text book about plants and animals.  More specifically, the text read like a textbook and ELA type story all in one. They learned about photosynthesis, decomposers, the life cycle and so on.  I had the students sit at the carpet and take down notes as I was reading it.  Along the way the key words were highlighted in the text and I would stop to ask them to put it in their own words what each highlighted word meant and then I would write the definition on the board. I thought this particular lesson today was very unique and I enjoyed it a great deal. 


I had to stop and take a picture today of this beautiful mural that the students created. It reminds me of an exhibit you would see at a museum, I was awestruck at how creative elementary students can be. These pictures of me also represent my love for reading. 



No comments:

Post a Comment