Saturday, July 8, 2017

It's not Fitness, it's life

Endorphins are my drug of choice 

Feel the burn! My mind is one to wander which means I need to be preoccupied at all times. I get bored very easily and I am not built to have too much idle time on my hands. If I do my mind will spiral into another dimension and may never find its way back. Exercise not only gives me such a physical work out but my mind is able to stay in one place and under control. I really do feel like I am getting therapy, that old endorphin rush really does exist. My thoughts are very erratic and I have trouble controlling them so when I hit the gym it is able to stabilize my mind, body & soul. Once I get back to it I get addicted to it all over again and must go at least 3 days a week. I found this outlet back when I was a teenager in high school and it got more intense ever since. No matter how long of a break I take, sometimes (but rarely) if I don't make it to the gym for a month or two I always go back. I do not feel that guilty because living in New York with no car (thank God!) I walk everywhere and take so many stairs each day that it more than compensates for my brief hiatus from the gym. If the gym and New York were both men I would marry the gym and I have an extramarital affair with New York.



7 comments:

  1. Yes I agree with your food for thought, as I usually do...:) I Love the way you work it, physically, verbally, and I can honestly say while we are on the subject, you are looking every bit of fabulous, yes, you are.:):):):):) U Got It.!!!! Congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! https://www.superhipertrofia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laraib,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback & compliment! It truly warms my heart that you and your friend enjoy reading my blog. Thank you also for letting me know that I am doing a good job of appealing to an audience like yourself & others where everyone reading this could clearly understand topics I feel passionate about as well as what I have gone (going) through as a person. I have so much more to write and I am currently in the process of writing a memoir that I am starting as a short story. Once I am done with the short story I will publish it here and on my LinkedIn. I would love for you to read it and appreciate any comments you may have about it. I do my best to write this blog in a professional and articulate manner along with speaking to my readers and seeing if they could relate to what I am going through and what I think. I like to think of this blog as a professional and personal blog, kind of like a journal. When I originally created this blog it was meant for a professional portfolio to help me transition into a new career. Now after writing this for a little over a year, I see that my blog has turned into a professional and personal blog combined. Thank you again so much, and I hope you continue to read it and I would love to receive more comments from you! Have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. websource

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adrian for the compliment! I am glad you enjoyed reading it!

      Delete
  5. This blog is really great. The information here will surely be of some help to me. Thanks!.
    conclusion of review

    ReplyDelete