Saturday, July 8, 2017

"Spring Cleaning"


Cleaning out my "Closet"



So I noticed that a lot of my colleagues last week were organizing and cleaning out their closets in their classroom and that compelled me to clean out my proverbial closet. These are people that were friends, a couple of them I wasn't close to or ever close to mainly because they lived too far away, or were too preoccupied with their spouse's or just some of them I never hung out with that often anyway, I just kept in touch with them and they were kind enough to help me in my time of need, whatever that may have been. But now I realize I no longer want to communicate with them anymore or even stay in touch via social media because one of them was always living in her own little bubble and the other one became so strange that I just decided that instead of venting to them like I always did in the past I would just delete them from my social media. The smarter you get the less you speak, especially since it is about BS. I don't even want to know why this one friend in particular became so strange especially since she had said we were best friends and she helped me a great deal and I did my best to show my appreciation. The other one is exactly the same since high school and I had the chance to be her friend again many years later and now I realize why our friendship never made it past high school. These people are good people and I have nothing against them or anything, it's just that they no longer serve any purpose in my life. I wish them the best and I really do not even care to know why one of my friends I am referring to became so strange. I will admit I was initially insulted and left scratching my head as to why she hid such life changing and exciting news from me while letting other people know about it and not me especially due to the fact she acted like we were good friends and she told me things of that nature a while back.  I then found that to be creepy and honestly do not want to confront her anyway and I am perfectly content with just shutting the door and moving on. I do not think I want to even know the reason why she became so shady. 
I now realize after being through past situations where I would tell people off and confront them & ask them why this and why that that it is such a peace of mind to just remain quiet and walk away.  Actions speak louder than words, just never speaking to them again and falling off the grid is such a better and logical alternative. This is one of the many lessons in life I have learned that exploding and confronting people that bothered you is not the logical thing to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment