Saturday, July 29, 2017

You Can't Fight Fate

"You can't fight fate. Everyone has free will but at the end of the day there is a plan that was written for all of us. There are no accidents (coincidences) in life, people we meet either serve as a lesson or a blessing to teach us a lesson (s) or to help us and feel blessed that they have entered our life even if it was for a brief time. Wherever we are in our life currently is where we are meant to be, whoever is or isn't in our life is how it is meant to be.  What is meant for you will not pass you by." - Yours truly 


The film Already Tomorrow In Hong Kong exemplifies my belief of fate. I happened to stumble across this movie on Netflix and it struck such a chord in me that I could never forget it. This is the perfect example of fate working at its best. Nothing is ever final in life, just because it didn't work out with someone or something initially doesn't mean it never will. If you have never seen it I suggest you do because the whole premise of this film is exactly how unpredictable life is and although you may think it is not meant to work out with that person it still can in the foreseeable future. Maybe there is "unfinished business" that you and that person have to tackle before your future with this person can come to fruition, maybe you still have more growing up to do, maybe the time for love is just not meant to bloom yet....There are many factors that could be the reason why. That is the beauty of how the universe works and how important it is to start a new chapter and clear the way for good. But at the end of the day everyone has free will and gets to decide what road they want to go down, that is the beauty of life. I am glad that us as human beings we do not have the power to use mind control to make people want to be with us who truly don't. Just like that old corny movie Love Potion NO.9 where two scientists found a magic scent that would draw the opposite sex into falling in love (lust) with them. I would never want someone to be with me if their heart wasn't truly in it. I am glad everyone has free will and gets to decide what they want when the choice and circumstances are presented to them.
I know skeptics do not believe in fate because they don't like to think that we do not get to choose and life has been mapped out for us and if fate does exist it will just fall on our laps. That is not what my belief of what fate is. I believe that in order for you to live your destiny you have to go out and do the  work because no one is knocking on your door. It is sort of like going on a scavenger hunt and following all the clues on the map in order to find the treasure. You'll only find the treasure if you go out and hunt for it the same way you will live out your dreams and destiny if you go out and actively pursue achieving it. 


  Life is so full of surprises, isn't that what makes life so interesting and exciting?

Another timeless classic is Sliding Doors. 
What if Gwyneth Paltrow didn't miss her train? Do you ever think about what would happen if you weren't at the right place at the right time? If you have have chosen not to meet your friend at the restaurant because you were too tired then you would've missed the chance encounter with your soul mate. If the train was too delayed to getting you on time for that job interview then you wouldn't of been offered the job of your dreams. Do you think these hypothetical & realistic situations simply occur just by happenstance? Just a coincidence? Well I personally do not believe in coincidences...... This kind of touches upon my last entry of "Everything Happens For MY Reason." Just like the premise of Sliding Doors, it goes into detail of what events would've transpired if Gwyneth Paltrow would've made the train before the doors shut and took off. In addition to that,  the film also shows that people that are meant to be in your life will enter it regardless of what events transpire like what happened to her. I believe there is some inexplicable life force that is intangible that helps dictate our life events. In this case of Sliding Doors it would've been more of a severe consequence if she would've caught her train. This movie also exemplifies the belief of fate and things happening for a reason. I can't go into more detail than that because I am not G-d and I do not know exactly  why like the rest of us but I definitely believe in the moral of this story of what is meant to be. I do not want to give the detailed premise away in case you have not seen it. If you have not seen it then I highly recommend you do. 








2 comments:

  1. I always look forward to thinking about something that you write about as you bring to my attention particularly at this time, as I ponder about blessings or lessons learned?? I am inspired by your thoughts and answers. It struck A chord,:) It hit home,:) and I thank you for never disappointing and following through. I wish you many more lessons learned and blessings from me to you...You are a treat, as in enjoying a good book or watching a great movie:). Smiles, Kudos. U never disappoint:)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog very much. I believe in fate. Things or events happen in life for a reason. Whatever will be, will be. God gave us life for a reason, that is to reach your destiny.
    This is not an easy task, for their is hills and valleys to be encountered. Nothing is really easy in life, you have to work and strive for it. Eventually, with God's help and your tenacity and perseverance you will be able to achieve your destiny in life.

    ReplyDelete